Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter provide installation services. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Johns Creek residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When small particles, shingle grit, leaves, or pine needles gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard providers offer different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Georgia may have to hold workers comp coverage, liability insurance, and business licenses according to local regulations. Contact the Johns Creek government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on social media, Google Reviews, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $420 and $3,597 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter home size, time of year, length and width, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Johns Creek. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, measure or estimate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Figure out that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Johns Creek
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.