Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide a number of services to keep your furnace working at maximum efficiency. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can diagnose and fix a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and possible gas leaks. Furnace repair professionals can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This might involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate your new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company completes one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential causes. This process involves a technician examining each of the furnace's components. Inspections usually include testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. We recommend an annual inspection, during which your technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency while making any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular inspections and tune-ups help prevent potential breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to help get your system back up and running promptly any time of the day or night. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks from reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Johns Creek Furnace Repair Service
There are multiple factors to consider when selecting a local Johns Creek furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Johns Creek furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees offer you peace of mind in case issues arise post-repair. Trustworthy furnace repair providers should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Confirm that your furnace repair servicer holds all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that its technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs. HVAC contractors in Georgia must obtain a Conditioned Air Contractor license issued by the Georgia Board of Conditioned Air Contractors.
- Qualifications: You can inquire about a company's training policies and its technicians' experience. Companies that promote ongoing training are more likely to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. Look for a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews can give you an idea of a company's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews while paying attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $453 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$412
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,647–$2,883
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$124
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$124
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Johns Creek
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.