Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive maintenance plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard installers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, small particles, and grit from shingles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will offer single rates for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Georgia or Atlanta might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to judge a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, social media, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $505 to $4,026. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter home size, time of year, accessibility, and length and width impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Atlanta. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Atlanta
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some problems I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.