Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs will restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems like faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, or malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You may want a new system if yours is past repair or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending a furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians follow industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. Your provider will complete one last inspection after installation to ensure your furnace runs optimally.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential problems. This process involves a technician examining each furnace component. Inspections usually include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and cleaning and replacing air filters. A technician will look at the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any needed repairs or adjustments. Yearly furnace inspections and tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help avoid breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during colder months.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can get it up and running as quickly as possible. Emergency services are more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks from decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Atlanta Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when selecting a local Atlanta furnace repair service. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Atlanta furnace repair providers. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about any warranties or guarantees it offers. Trustworthy companies offer these guarantees to protect customers in case of any issues post-repair. Guarantees may cover both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure that your furnace repair provider has all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that the technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs. HVAC contractors in Georgia must obtain a Conditioned Air Contractor license issued by the Georgia Board of Conditioned Air Contractors.
- Qualifications: Inquire about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that promote ongoing training tend to have technicians that use the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians who are experienced in working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by checking online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of high-quality services. Pay attention to how the provider addresses complaints or negative feedback, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $435, though this varies depending on the details. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $80–$401
- Cleaning: $48–$64
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,603–$2,805
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$120
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$88
- Filter change: $32–$120
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Atlanta
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.