Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair policies and services. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as leaves, pine needles, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard installers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for maintenance services, gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to hold licenses and permits according to Georgia and Athens regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to judge a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on social media, Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, Yelp, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $411 and $3,549. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia. Factors such as gutter home size, accessibility, time of year, and length and width impact the final quoted price.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Athens. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Athens
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.