Common Causes of Foundation Problems in West Palm Beach
Foundation issues have several possible causes. Here are the most prevalent ones for West Palm Beach residents:
- Standing water: Standing water around your home can be a menace to your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your drainage system doesn't cover.
- Soil composition: Soil with large sand or clay concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall West Palm Beach gets, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction presses against nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Drought conditions: West Palm Beach is vulnerable to drought. The lack of rainfall and varying humidity levels each season contribute to ever-shifting soil. The resulting soil settlement can shift and damage your foundation.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't done properly could lead to your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through crevices, and may exert pressure that results in your foundation breaking, pipes rupturing, and overall structural deterioration.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's structural integrity depends greatly on its foundation. It's essential to select the best team possible. Center your research on these qualities:
Licensing and Experience
Florida's contractor licensing system is rather unique. The state's Department of Business and Professional Regulation issues "certified" contractor licenses in building, general contracting, and residential construction that foundation companies must earn. There are also "registered" licenses issued at a local level. Talk to team members to gain further insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local building codes, inspection processes and permit ordinances.
Another way to determine a company's standing is to look at its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade accreditations. It might also share knowledge and insights through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
Before selecting a company, review its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both complaints and positive reviews. Remember that negative feedback doesn't necessarily mean a contractor is incompetent. BBB reviews also show how companies resolve complaints. A responsive team that aims to achieve amicable outcomes is a good one. Steer clear of a company if you don't see good communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in West Palm Beach
The price of foundation repair can differ quite significantly depending on the extent of the issues and what needs to be fixed. For minor foundation fracturing and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is considerable deterioration, the normal cost lands at about $2,400. More intricate projects requiring digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost $6,700+. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in West Palm Beach
How much does foundation repair cost in West Palm Beach?
What's the most popular foundation type in West Palm Beach?
Is foundation repair covered under my homeowners insurance?
Are there telltale signs I should avoid a particular foundation company?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.