Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair company for a number of services that help your furnace run efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs can restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, or possible gas leaks. Furnace repair technicians can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This might involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and generally ensuring all components function optimally.
HVAC companies can help install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for you based on your requirements and budget. An HVAC professional can integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained to follow industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything runs optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection after installation.
You likely need an inspection if you notice your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect every part of the furnace to look for possible problems. Inspections normally include inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. During an annual inspection, a technician will verify your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular inspections and tune-ups help prevent breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services are there to help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many providers offer these 24/7 services to get your system back up and running promptly outside of normal business hours. Emergency services may cost more than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Tampa Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when choosing a local Tampa furnace repair company. We go over some important considerations below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing several Tampa furnace repair providers to look for the best service offerings and prices. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but be wary of companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Trustworthy furnace repair providers should offer warranties or guarantees on their workmanship and parts. Providers that stand behind their work offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that the furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Florida may have either a certified contractor license (C) or a registered contractor license (R). Both are handled by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Your provider should employ well-trained technicians who have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to make sure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews, and pay attention to how it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but on average expect to spend around $420 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $78–$392
- Cleaning: $47–$63
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,568–$2,744
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$118
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$86
- Filter change: $31–$118
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Tampa
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.