Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Sunrise
A few factors can lead to foundation issues. These are the most prevalent ones for Sunrise residents:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Sunrise experiences, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction puts pressure on nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Aging plumbing: While many Sunrise homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't completed to standard could result in your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through cracks, and may apply force that causes your foundation fracturing, pipes leaking, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
When choosing a foundation contractor, you should consider your personal priorities. Ask each company on your list about the following qualities.
Licensing and Experience
Florida's contractor licensing system is rather unique. The state's Department of Business and Professional Regulation issues "certified" contractor licenses in building, general contracting, and residential construction that foundation companies must earn. There are also "registered" licenses issued at a local level. You can also get a sense of a company's experience through the information its team gives you. Ask about its inspection methods, local code requirements, permit-pulling procedures, and fees.
One of the easiest ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to find its website. Look for the company's history and the qualifications its team holds. Many well-known companies publish educational content for prospective customers.
When you're researching a company's standing, go to its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its "letter grade" rating and a list of customer reviews, both complaints and positive experiences. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company handles them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has more negative reviews, and doesn't communicate properly, you should avoid working with it.
Lastly, we suggest you search different websites, like Trustpilot and Google, for more opinions.
Foundation Repair Cost in Sunrise
The cost of foundation repair can differ significantly depending on the severity of the issues and what needs to be done to resolve them. For minor foundation fractures and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is more significant deterioration, the average cost will likely fall around $2,500. More complex jobs involving excavation, helical piers, or concrete leveling could cost $6,700 or more. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Sunrise
How much does foundation repair cost in Sunrise?
What are some signs I need foundation waterproofing?
- Plumbing leaks
- Mold and mildew
- Hairline cracks
- Discoloration or odors
- Uneven floors
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, promoting water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Inspect your foundation for cracks, and address any issues promptly.
Do I need to leave my home for foundation repair work?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.