Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer various services to keep your furnace working effectively and efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Your furnace repair provider can diagnose and fix a number of issues, including broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, and damaged heat exchangers. Your furnace repair provider can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, lubricating moving parts, and replacing air filters.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You may want a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending the right furnace model for your requirements and budget. Professional HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. Your provider will complete a final inspection after installation to make sure your furnace is running optimally.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible problems. This will involve a technician examining each of the furnace's components. Inspections typically include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. Your technician will verify the heating system's safety and efficiency, making necessary repairs or adjustments. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups encourage peak performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during colder months.
If your furnace breaks down in winter, some furnace repair companies have emergency repair services to get your heat back up and running as soon as possible. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown occurs during extreme weather and you can't open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may cost more than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local St. Petersburg Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local St. Petersburg furnace repair provider. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare pricing and services offered by several St. Petersburg furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing while avoiding extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Trustworthy furnace repair providers should offer guarantees or warranties on their parts and workmanship. Companies that stand behind their work offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Florida may have either a certified contractor license (C) or a registered contractor license (R). Both are handled by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Qualifications: Ask about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that provide ongoing training tend to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians who are experienced in working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Look through online testimonials and reviews to learn about a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can tell you a great deal about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair is based on several factors, such as the HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $407, but your total price depends on the details. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $77–$384
- Cleaning: $46–$61
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,536–$2,688
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$115
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$84
- Filter change: $31–$115
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in St. Petersburg
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.