Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive maintenance plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Debris buildup through the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Pensacola residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When small particles, leaves, shingle grit, or pine needles build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Florida may have to maintain business licenses, workers comp coverage, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Contact the Pensacola government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, social media, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $345 and $3,216. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia. Factors such as gutter accessibility, home size, time of year, and length and width impact the final quoted price.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Pensacola. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Pensacola
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.