Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as gutter cleaning and repair services are often included in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair packages and policies. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most Pembroke Pines residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, leaves, small particles, or shingle grit gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and maintenance services.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Florida or Pembroke Pines might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as the Better Business Bureau, social media, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, and Yelp can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $367 to $3,326. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter time of year, accessibility, length and width, and home size impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Pembroke Pines. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Pembroke Pines
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.