Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer a number of services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, such as a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems like possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair technicians can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians are trained in industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. They'll complete one last inspection following installation to make sure your furnace is running optimally.
We recommend scheduling an inspection by a furnace repair company if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. During the inspection, a technician will look at each of the furnace's components to identify possible issues. Inspections typically include testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. During an annual inspection, a technician will check your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular tune-ups help avoid possible breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
If your furnace breaks down in winter, furnace repair companies may have emergency repair services to get your heat back up and running as soon as possible. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. Emergency services might cost more than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Palm Bay Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when selecting a local Palm Bay furnace repair service. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several Palm Bay furnace repair companies. Choose one with transparent and competitive pricing and a wide scope of services. Avoid extremely low-cost options, which may compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Reputable furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Providers that back their work this way offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Confirm that your furnace repair company possesses all required licenses and certifications. This ensures that its technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Florida may have either a certified contractor license (C) or a registered contractor license (R). Both are handled by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Qualifications: Learn about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about company training programs to verify that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. It's important to look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but you should also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can tell you a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Several factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and price of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $402, though the prices can vary depending on your situation. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $76–$381
- Cleaning: $46–$61
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,525–$2,669
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$114
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$84
- Filter change: $31–$114
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Palm Bay
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.