Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard providers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each installer about its repair options and policies. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most Miami Beach residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, small particles, leaves, or shingle grit build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying skill levels. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain licenses and permits according to Florida and Miami Beach regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for evaluating any home services company. Sites such as social media, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Google Reviews, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $349 and $3,237. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation. Factors such as gutter time of year, length and width, accessibility, and home size impact the final quoted price.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Miami Beach. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Miami Beach
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.