Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Miami Beach
A home in Miami Beach might experience foundation issues for numerous reasons. Some are specific to the local environment, while others are widespread nationwide. They include:
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't performed properly could result in your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can threaten your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your gutter system doesn't protect.
- Aging plumbing: The average Miami Beach home construction year is 1979. If you live in an older home, it's likely to have cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Miami Beach receives, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction presses against nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through cracks, and may apply force that leads to your foundation fracturing, pipes rupturing, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
When choosing a foundation repair company, you should consider your personal priorities. Ask each company on your list about the following qualities.
Licensing and Experience
Florida's contractor licensing system is rather unique. The state's Department of Business and Professional Regulation issues "certified" contractor licenses in building, general contracting, and residential construction that foundation companies must earn. There are also "registered" licenses issued at a local level. Talk to representatives to gain further insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local permit ordinances, inspection processes and building codes.
Contractor websites are excellent places to do your research. Usually, a company will discuss how long it's been operating. It might also share other content to assist interested parties.
Before signing a contract with a company, examine its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both positive reviews and complaints. Remember that negative feedback doesn't necessarily mean a contractor is unqualified. The BBB shows how companies handle complaints. A proactive team that works toward amicable outcomes is a good one. Steer clear of a business if you don't see effective communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Miami Beach
The cost of foundation repair can vary substantially based on the scale of the problems and what must be done to fix them. For minor foundation fissuring and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is significant deterioration, the normal cost will be around $2,500. More intricate jobs involving tunneling, helical piers, or extensive concrete leveling could run you $6,700. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Miami Beach
How much does foundation repair cost in Miami Beach?
Can a foundation always be fixed?
How long does foundation repair usually take?
Are there any warranties or guarantees provided with Miami Beach foundation repair services?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.