Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards need professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it regularly. Debris, such as shingle grit, pine needles, and leaves, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard providers have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Florida or Lehigh Acres might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their experience. Platforms such as Yelp, social media, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $379 to $3,389 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, foundation, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter home size, length and width, time of year, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Lehigh Acres. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Lehigh Acres
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.