Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, grit from shingles, leaves, and small particles, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, maintenance services, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Florida or Lakeland might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on social media, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $363 to $3,308. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, time of year, length and width, and home size impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Lakeland. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Lakeland
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.