Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each company about different repair plans and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, leaves, pine needles, and small particles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Florida or Jacksonville might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Trustpilot, social media, Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $367 to $3,326. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter time of year, length and width, home size, and accessibility impact the total pricing.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Jacksonville. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, determine your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Jacksonville
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.