Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring furnace function. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair a number of common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, and faulty ignitions. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components function properly.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your home's layout and heating needs before recommending a furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians are trained in industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They'll complete one last inspection following installation to ensure your furnace runs optimally.
You should schedule an inspection through a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During the inspection, a technician will look at each of the furnace's components to identify potential issues. The inspection normally includes testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Annual inspections of this type encourage optimal heating system performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during the colder months. A technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency and make any needed repairs.
Some furnace repair companies also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can have it up and running as soon as possible. When your furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can pose serious discomfort and health risks due to poor indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Jacksonville Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations to keep in mind when selecting a local Jacksonville furnace repair provider. We review some key factors below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Jacksonville furnace repair companies. Look for competitive and transparent pricing while avoiding extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees provide peace of mind if problems come up post-repair. Reliable furnace repair providers should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Verify that the furnace repair servicer holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Florida may have either a certified contractor license (C) or a registered contractor license (R). Both are handled by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Qualifications: Check the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. Ideally, technicians should be well-trained and have expertise in various furnace makes and models. You can ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a provider keeps up with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Research the company's reputation by checking online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a good indicator of quality services. Pay attention to how a provider addresses complaints or negative feedback, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but expect to spend an average of $415 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $78–$389
- Cleaning: $47–$62
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,556–$2,722
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$117
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$86
- Filter change: $31–$117
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Jacksonville
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.