Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Fort Myers residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still essential to do it at least twice a year. When small particles, pine needles, shingle grit, or leaves gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard installers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain business licensing according to Florida and Fort Myers regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for screening any home services company. Sites such as the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, and social media provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $379 to $3,389 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, fascia, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter home size, accessibility, time of year, and length and width will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Fort Myers. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Fort Myers
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.