Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Some gutter guard providers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different installers, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most Fort Lauderdale residents dislike gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When small particles, shingle grit, pine needles, or leaves build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to pre-screen each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for maintenance services, fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to hold business licensing according to Florida and Fort Lauderdale regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Trustpilot, social media, Google Reviews, Yelp, and Better Business Bureau to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $367 to $3,326. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, length and width, time of year, and home size impact the total pricing.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Fort Lauderdale. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Fort Lauderdale
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.