Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts are trained to deal with broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also assist with issues such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, or damaged heat exchangers. Your furnace repair provider can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. They'll complete a final inspection following installation to make sure your furnace is running optimally.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to identify potential issues. The inspection usually includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Your technician will look at the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Yearly furnace inspections and tune-ups encourage optimal performance and help avoid potential breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during colder months.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can get it up and running as soon as possible. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from the decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Fort Lauderdale Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for choosing a local Fort Lauderdale furnace repair company. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several Fort Lauderdale furnace repair providers. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, considering the scope of services offered. Beware of extremely low-cost options, which may compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Check for warranties or guarantees provided by the furnace repair service. A reputable company should back its work with guarantees on parts and repair work. This assurance provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on the service provider if any issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Florida may have either a certified contractor license (C) or a registered contractor license (R). Both are handled by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Qualifications: Ask about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that promote ongoing training tend to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians who are experienced in working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by reading online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a good indicator of quality services. Look at how the provider addresses complaints or negative feedback, as this reflects its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but on average expect to spend around $411 on furnace repair. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $77–$387
- Cleaning: $46–$62
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,546–$2,706
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$116
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$85
- Filter change: $31–$116
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Fort Lauderdale
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.