Types of Services Offered by Electricians
Electricians offer services that cover a range of electrical problems. The following are some of the services homeowners request the most.
Electrical System Installation
Electrical system installation involves careful planning, wiring, and linking various components for a safe and productive electricity flow. The electrician evaluates your home's energy requirements and makes a plan for the wiring. They pick the right cables, conduits, and light fixtures that are up to code. Finally, they connect the main panel, distribute circuits to individual outlets and fixtures, ground the system for safety, and integrate protective devices, such as circuit breakers.
Maintaining your home's safety relies on repairing electrical problems, such as malfunctioning fixtures, promptly. Skilled electricians can diagnose the problem and make the necessary fixes.
Whole-House Rewiring and Panel Upgrades
Whole-home electrical rewiring and panel upgrades involves replacing outdated wiring and panels throughout your entire house. This is typically necessary for aging homes with systems that could lead to safety risks or don't adequately satisfy modern electrical standards. Electricians assess the existing wiring to find hazards, then they take out old wiring and modernize the system with outlets, fixtures, panels, and switches that meet existing codes and safety regulations.
You can mitigate the harmful effects of power surges on your electronics by getting professional surge protection. Electricians will assess your needs and set up surge protection devices. These devices act as barriers, diverting excess energy from sensitive equipment during voltage spikes or surges. Strategically installing surge protection devices at your individual outlets or main panel defends your electronics from surges, which reduces the risk of pricey damage.
Emergency Electrical Services
Emergency electrical services give crucial, immediate assistance 24/7. Professional services for emergencies handle power outages, faulty wiring, damage from weather, and electrical fires. Professional emergency contractors make sure electrical problems are dealt with quickly.
Factors To Consider When Choosing an Electrician in Fort Lauderdale
Consider the following factors when choosing an electrician in Fort Lauderdale.
- Cost: Cost shouldn't be the only deciding factor, but transparent pricing is important to keep in mind. Request a detailed quote from the electrician before starting the work to see if it's within budget.
- References: Request references, so you can ask past clients about their experience with the electrician.
- Reputation and reviews: Look for an electrician with a good track record. Sites such as the Better Business Bureau and Google Reviews can give insight into customers' experiences with the electrician.
- Safety measures: Ask the electrician about their safety protocols and equipment. You may want to seek out another electrician if yours isn't complying with proper safety measures.
- Qualifications: Electricians must have a license to do electrical work. The Construction Trades Qualifying Board issues journeyman and master electrician certifications. Electrical contractor licenses are issued by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s Electrical Contractors Licensing Board.
How Much Does an Electrician Cost?
The specific services required, electrician’s experience and qualifications, project’s complexity, and your location will influence an electrician’s cost. Most electricians in Fort Lauderdale charge $29–$44 by the hour, but some may charge a fixed price. It can add up to $110–$220 for most small to medium tasks. Get multiple quotes and discuss the project for the most accurate price.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Electrical Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Electrical in Fort Lauderdale
What should I do in case of an electrical emergency?
How can I tell if my home's electrical system needs an upgrade?
What causes circuit breakers to trip repeatedly?
How can I reduce the risk of electrical fires in my home?
Can electricians help with energy-efficient upgrades?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.