Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, or malfunctioning thermostats. Your furnace repair provider can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or you're planning on upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC installer can integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. Following installation, the technician will perform one last inspection to make sure your furnace runs efficiently.
Schedule an inspection through a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will inspect each of the furnace's components to identify potential issues. Inspections typically include cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. A technician will check the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Annual furnace inspections and tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help prevent potential breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during colder months.
If your furnace breaks down in winter, some furnace repair companies offer emergency repair services to get your heat back up and running quickly. These services are available around the clock for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. Emergency services are more expensive than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Clearwater Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when hiring a local Clearwater furnace repair company. We go over some important considerations below.
- Cost: Look for transparent and competitive pricing, and make sure you find a company that offers all the services you need. We recommend comparing multiple Clearwater furnace repair providers. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Check for guarantees or warranties provided by your furnace repair provider. A reputable company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on parts and repair work. This assurance gives you peace of mind knowing you can depend on the service provider if any issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Verify that the furnace repair provider holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Florida may have either a certified contractor license (C) or a registered contractor license (R). Both are handled by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. Your service provider should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to make sure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews, and pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but expect to spend an average of $407 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $77–$384
- Cleaning: $46–$61
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,536–$2,688
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$115
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$84
- Filter change: $31–$115
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Clearwater
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.