Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various to keep your furnace working at maximum efficiency. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can handle a number of issues, including broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, and possible gas leaks. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They also integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. After installation, the company completes one last inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible causes. This will involve a technician examining each of the furnace's components. The inspection typically includes checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. We recommend an annual inspection, during which your technician will verify your heating system's efficiency and safety while making any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections and tune-ups help prevent possible breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
If your furnace breaks down in winter, some furnace repair companies provide emergency repair services to get your system up and running as quickly as possible. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from the decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Alafaya Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when choosing a local Alafaya furnace repair service. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Alafaya furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees provide peace of mind if problems come up post-repair. Reputable furnace repair companies should back their work with guarantees or warranties for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Florida may have either a certified contractor license (C) or a registered contractor license (R). Both are handled by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Ask about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about company training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by reading online reviews and testimonials. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of quality services. Pay attention to how a company addresses complaints or negative feedback, as this reflects its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair varies depending on several factors, such as the extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the price of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $406, but the final price depends on the details. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $77–$384
- Cleaning: $46–$61
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,535–$2,687
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$115
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$84
- Filter change: $31–$115
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Alafaya
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.