Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard installers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most Washington residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still essential to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, small particles, pine needles, or leaves accumulate, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard companies might have to maintain licenses and permits according to District of Columbia and Washington regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as Google Reviews, Yelp, Trustpilot, social media, and the Better Business Bureau can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $421 and $3,601. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation. Factors such as gutter length and width, time of year, home size, and accessibility impact the final quoted price.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Washington. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Washington
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.