Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Norwalk residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, pine needles, leaves, or small particles gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will quote package deals for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as Google Reviews, Trustpilot, social media, the Better Business Bureau, and Yelp can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $419 and $3,592 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter home size, time of year, length and width, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Norwalk. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Norwalk
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.