Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as gutter cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards need professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each provider about different repair options and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most Greenwich residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, leaves, pine needles, or small particles gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard installers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Connecticut or Greenwich might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as Yelp, social media, the Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, and Trustpilot can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $419 to $3,592. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter home size, accessibility, time of year, and length and width impact the total pricing.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Greenwich. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Greenwich
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.