Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can diagnose and repair a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems like possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and faulty ignitions. Furnace repair professionals can also handle routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This might involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally ensuring all components function optimally.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You may need a new system if yours is past repair or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians are trained in industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate your new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. Your provider will complete a final inspection after installation to ensure your furnace runs optimally.
We recommend scheduling an inspection by a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During the inspection, a technician will look at every component of your furnace to identify potential problems. The inspection typically includes cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. Yearly inspections of this kind facilitate optimal heating system performance, help avoid potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during the colder months. A technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency and make the necessary repairs.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can get it up and running as soon as possible. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown occurs during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Whittier Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when selecting a local Whittier furnace repair company. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Whittier furnace repair companies. Look for competitive and transparent pricing while avoiding extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Reputable furnace repair companies should provide guarantees or warranties on their workmanship and parts. Companies that back their work this way offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the required licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in California must obtain a contractor's license from the Contractors State License Board. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Ask about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to verify that technicians are up to date on current industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair is based on several factors, such as the extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $439, but your total price depends on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$404
- Cleaning: $48–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,614–$2,825
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$121
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$89
- Filter change: $32–$121
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Whittier
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.