Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider offers various services to keep your system working effectively. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair company can handle a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems such as faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and possible gas leaks. Your furnace repair provider can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
Your local HVAC expert can help upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will start by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC installer can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, the technician will do a final inspection to ensure your furnace runs efficiently.
We recommend scheduling an inspection through a furnace repair provider if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will inspect each of the furnace's components to identify potential problems. Inspections usually include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. During an annual inspection, your technician will verify your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections help avoid potential breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to get your system up and running promptly. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from the decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might cost more than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Sunnyvale Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local Sunnyvale furnace repair company. We review some key factors below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare multiple Sunnyvale furnace repair companies. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Trustworthy furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Providers that stand behind their work offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in California must obtain a contractor's license from the Contractors State License Board. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Inquire about a company's training policies and its technicians' experience. Companies that promote ongoing training tend to have technicians that use the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians who are experienced in working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials can give you an idea of a company's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews, and pay attention to the way it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on several factors, such as the HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $497, but the final price depends on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $88–$438
- Cleaning: $53–$70
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,752–$3,067
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$131
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$96
- Filter change: $35–$131
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Sunnyvale
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.