Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair options and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as leaves, pine needles, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard companies might have to hold business licensing according to California and Santa Cruz regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to judge a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on social media, Yelp, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, and Better Business Bureau to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $397 and $3,479. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation. Factors such as gutter home size, length and width, accessibility, and time of year impact the final quoted price.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Santa Cruz. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Santa Cruz
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.