Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although most gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard installers have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing:Gutter guard companies might have to maintain business licensing according to California and San Jose regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their service. Platforms such as Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Trustpilot, and social media can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $408 and $3,534. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof. Factors such as gutter accessibility, length and width, time of year, and home size impact the final quoted price.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in San Jose. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in San Jose
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some issues I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.