Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace working efficiently and effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs can restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can handle a number of issues, including broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, and damaged heat exchangers. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or if you're planning on upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. Your HVAC expert can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat. They're trained on industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. Post-installation, your technician will do one last inspection to make sure your furnace runs efficiently.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to look for possible issues. Inspections usually include inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and cleaning and replacing air filters. A technician will look at the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any needed repairs or adjustments. Annual furnace inspections and tune-ups encourage optimal performance and help prevent potential breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during colder months.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can have it up and running as quickly as possible. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local San Jose Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local San Jose furnace repair service. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several San Jose furnace repair providers. Choose one with transparent and competitive pricing and a wide scope of services. Beware of extremely low-cost options, which may compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties offer you peace of mind if issues arise after a repair. Trustworthy furnace repair providers should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Verify that the furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in California must obtain a contractor's license from the Contractors State License Board.
- Qualifications: Check into the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews can give you an idea of a company's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to the way it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $497, although the prices can vary depending on your situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $88–$438
- Cleaning: $53–$70
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,752–$3,067
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$131
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$96
- Filter change: $35–$131
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in San Jose
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.