Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards need professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different installers, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as shingle grit, pine needles, and leaves, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for fascia board replacement, maintenance services, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for a comprehensive warranty for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Yelp, Trustpilot, social media, Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $395 to $3,469. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, home size, time of year, and length and width impact the total pricing.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in San Diego. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in San Diego
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.