Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair company for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts can diagnose and repair a number of common furnace issues. These include clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and possible gas leaks. Furnace repair companies can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and generally ensuring that all components work properly.
Your HVAC provider can upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC expert can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat. They're trained on industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. Following installation, your technician will complete a final inspection to ensure your furnace runs efficiently.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential problems. This will involve a technician examining each furnace component. Inspections normally include inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. A technician will check the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any needed repairs or adjustments. Yearly furnace tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help avoid potential breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services are invaluable if your furnace breaks down on a cold night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Emergency services are more expensive than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when you're unable to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Pasadena Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for hiring a local Pasadena furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Pasadena furnace repair companies. Look for competitive and transparent pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Trustworthy furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Providers that back their work this way offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair servicer holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in California must obtain a contractor's license from the Contractors State License Board.
- Qualifications: Ask about a company's training policies as well as its technicians' experience. Companies that promote ongoing training tend to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews, and pay attention to the way it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $439 on average, though the prices can vary depending on the details. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$404
- Cleaning: $48–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,614–$2,825
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$121
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$89
- Filter change: $32–$121
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Pasadena
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.