Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various services to keep your furnace working efficiently and effectively. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
A timely repair restores the furnace's function, extends its life span, and optimizes energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts are trained to handle broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also help with issues like damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, or malfunctioning thermostats. Your furnace repair company can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
Your HVAC provider can help you upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install an entire new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC technician can integrate a new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything runs optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection following installation.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you should schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to look for possible problems. Inspections usually include testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. The technician verifies the heating system's safety and efficiency while making the necessary adjustments or repairs. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups facilitate peak performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during colder months.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can have it up and running again as soon as possible. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Los Angeles Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when selecting a local Los Angeles furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare pricing and services offered by several Los Angeles furnace repair companies. Look for competitive and transparent pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees offer you peace of mind should problems come up post-repair. Reliable furnace repair companies should stand behind their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in California must obtain a contractor's license from the Contractors State License Board. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Learn about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials often paint a picture of a company's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews, and pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair varies depending on several factors, including HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $439, but your total price depends on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$404
- Cleaning: $48–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,614–$2,825
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$121
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$89
- Filter change: $32–$121
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Los Angeles
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.