Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair packages and policies. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as leaves, small particles, grit from shingles, and pine needles, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others bill individually for work such as gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in California may have to maintain workers comp coverage, business licenses, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Reach out to the Hollister government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Trustpilot, Google Reviews, social media, Better Business Bureau, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $408 to $3,534. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter home size, accessibility, length and width, and time of year impact the total pricing.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Hollister. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Hollister
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some issues I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.