Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer a number of services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair a number of issues, including broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems like faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, and malfunctioning thermostats. Your furnace repair professional can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, lubricating moving parts, and replacing air filters.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending a furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC technician can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, the technician will complete a final inspection to ensure your furnace runs properly.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you want to schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to identify potential problems. The inspection typically includes inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. We recommend an annual inspection, during which a technician will check your heating system's safety and efficiency while making any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular inspections help prevent possible breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Emergency furnace repair services will restore heat to your home if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when you're unable to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Fresno Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when hiring a local Fresno furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Fresno furnace repair providers. Look for competitive and transparent pricing while avoiding extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about any guarantees or warranties it offers. Reliable service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers in case of any issues post-repair. Guarantees may cover both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the required licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in California must obtain a contractor's license from the Contractors State License Board. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. A company should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to make sure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Research the company's reputation by checking online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of quality services. Look at how the company addresses negative feedback or complaints, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair varies depending on multiple factors, such as the extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $420, but the final price depends on the situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $78–$392
- Cleaning: $47–$63
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,568–$2,744
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$118
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$86
- Filter change: $31–$118
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Fresno
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.