Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter include installation services. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each company about different repair plans and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it regularly. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others bill individually for work such as gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Arkansas or Little Rock might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer ratings to see how other homeowners rated their experience. Platforms such as Yelp, Trustpilot, social media, the Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $401 and $3,500 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, accessibility, length and width, and home size determine pricing for the project.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Little Rock. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Little Rock
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.