Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as gutter cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, assess your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others bill individually for work such as gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Arkansas or Bentonville might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Yelp, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Better Business Bureau, and social media are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $401 and $3,500 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter home size, time of year, length and width, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Bentonville. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the per-foot cost by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Bentonville
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.