Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides a number of services to keep your system working efficiently and effectively. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, including a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You might need a new system if yours is beyond repair or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your home's layout and heating needs before recommending the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC professional can integrate your new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything is running optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection after installation.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential issues. This process involves a technician examining each of the furnace's components. The inspection usually includes inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Yearly inspections like this encourage optimal heating system performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during the colder months. Your technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety and make any needed repairs.
If your furnace breaks down in winter, some furnace repair companies provide emergency repair services to get your system up and running quickly. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. When a furnace fails during extreme weather, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Phoenix Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for selecting a local Phoenix furnace repair provider. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing several Phoenix furnace repair companies to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but beware companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about the warranties or guarantees it offers. Reputable companies offer these guarantees to protect customers if any issues arise post-repair. Guarantees may cover both workmanship and parts.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair company holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Arizona must obtain a contractor's license via the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a company is up to date with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials can give you an idea of a company's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $457 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $83–$414
- Cleaning: $50–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,656–$2,898
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$124
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$124
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Phoenix
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.