Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different installers, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, small particles, grit from shingles, and leaves, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors quote a package deal for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Alabama or Vestavia Hills might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Trustpilot, Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, Yelp, and social media are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $425 to $3,622. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, length and width, home size, and time of year impact the total pricing.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Vestavia Hills. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Vestavia Hills
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.