Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it regularly. Debris, such as shingle grit, leaves, and pine needles, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard providers typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Alabama may have to hold liability insurance, workers comp coverage, and business licenses according to local regulations. Contact the Tuscaloosa government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, the Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, social media, and Google Reviews provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $333 to $3,154 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, fascia, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter accessibility, length and width, time of year, and home size will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Tuscaloosa. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Tuscaloosa
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.