Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most Huntsville residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, small particles, shingle grit, or leaves accumulate, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors quote a package deal for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Alabama or Huntsville might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Google Reviews, Better Business Bureau, social media, Yelp, and Trustpilot are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $399 to $3,490 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, roof, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter accessibility, time of year, home size, and length and width will determine the total project cost.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Huntsville. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Huntsville
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.