Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair policy. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, leaves, pine needles, and small particles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard providers typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and maintenance services.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for a comprehensive warranty for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Alabama may have to hold business licenses, workers comp coverage, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Contact the Birmingham government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as the Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, social media, Yelp, and Trustpilot can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $425 and $3,622 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter home size, length and width, accessibility, and time of year determine pricing for the project.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Birmingham. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Birmingham
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.