MAR 2011 Idea File
Clever ways to repair niggling problems around the house
How one couple's wish lists translated into a roomier, bright cookspace
A DIYer's creative way with paint turns a dull farmhouse bath into a space filled with character
A bold, six-color palette helps a Victorian turn on the charm
See how nine curb-appeal-boosting makeovers can help you put a finer facade on your home
A harmonious addition out back allows the interior of a 19th-century Queen Anne to gain modern flow and function
MAR 2011 TOH TV
Daring decisions helped the latest project house become the colorful, sun-filled home its owners dreamed of
MAR 2011 Upgrades
MAR 2011 Home Solutions
10 uses for ceramic tile; four household cleaners you might have overlooked; our five work-boot picks; a guide to wood glue; and more
MAR 2011 How-to Projects
MAR 2011 Ask This Old House
MAR 2011 In Every Issue
Letter From This Old House
If only my reality were a TV show
Easy ways to improve your home right now
A Kentucky farmhouse with pretty views and a barn
Letter from This Old House
• Email the Editor
• Email This Old House
Before + After: Kitchen
Show us your remodel
• Post your bath, kitchen, or other remodel to thisoldhouse.com/yourTOHand it might appear in our upcoming reader-created issue
How'd you save on a redo?
• Post your thrifty project to thisoldhouse.com/yourTOH and it might appear in our upcoming reader-created issue
Shopping: Spring-loaded latches
EXCLUSIVE TOH DISCOUNTS!
• Visit thisoldhouse.com/deals for discount details and links
What are you shopping for?
• Tell us, and we'll dig up the goods in our upcoming reader-created issue
Got an outdoor space you're proud of?
• Post photos of your landscape and it might be featured in our upcoming reader-created issue
Get This Look
What's your look?
• Suggest a look and we might show it in our upcoming reader-created issue
Interiors: One Living Room, Four Great Designs
• See the supplies you need to rewire an exterior lantern
• How to hook up your ceiling lantern
What do you salvage?
• Post your project and we might feature it in our upcoming reader-created issue
Build It or Buy It
• Find the cut list as well as a full list of tools and materials to build this hamper Find the cut list as well as a full list of tools and materials to build this hamper
Help us build (or buy):
• Suggest a product we should make, and we might publish it in our upcoming reader-created issue
• COMING SOON! Full instructions on installing the chair rail
• Watch a video for this project
What have you built?
• Post photos of your handiwork and it might appear in our upcoming reader-created issue
Be the Best on Your Block
Got curb appeal?
• Post your home's revamped exterior to thisoldhouse.com/yourTOH and it might appear in our upcoming reader-created issue
Enter our contest!
• Post photos to thisoldhouse.com/yourTOH for a chance to win cash and see your space in our upcoming reader-created issue
52 Quick Little DIY Fixes
• No. 7: Watch a video of Tom Silva installing a pulley system
• No. 9: Get detailed steps for a sliding-door tuneup
• No. 13: Learn how to safely remove paint from door hardware using an old slow cooker
• No. 15: Learn how to replace a pane of window glass
• No. 27: Learn how to repair cracks in concrete
All About: Garage Doors
What should we tell you all about?
• Post your ideas and we'll feature the most popular subject in our upcoming reader-created issue
Ask This Old House
Save This Old House
• Got a house to save? Tell us about it and we might include it in our upcoming reader-created issue