How to Replicate an Existing Plaster Crown Molding Profile
Get custom crown for only $2 per linear foot
If you have original plaster crown in your home, Canamould will custom-copy your profile for $2 to $10 per linear foot. But making an accurate drawing of your existing profile requires a little ingenuity. Here's how to do it:
1. Fold down the corner of a piece of paper so that the points of the fold meet the top and bottom of he molding and the adjacent sides are square to the ceiling and wall.
2. Cut off the corner of a square piece of cardboard to match the folded paper.
3. Hold the cut cardboard against the profile face. Using a compass or cribe, transfer the contours of the profile onto the cardboard.
4. Cut out the profile drawing. Transfer its shape onto graph paper, eeping it at the same angle as on the cardboard.
5. Send the drawing to the manufacturer, and they'll return a computerized draft for your approval.