How to Use a Wheelbarrow
Quick tips for moving material, from This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook gives wheelbarrow tips.
1. If wheelbarrow has a pneumatic tire, inflate it to 30 pounds per square inch.
2. Attach a grease gun to the grease fitting on the wheel and apply lubricating grease to the axle bearing. If there is no fitting, lubricate the axle with 3-in-1 oil.
3. Before loading the wheelbarrow, point the empty wheelbarrow in the direction of travel.
4. Stack the load closer to the wheel, not the handle, so it'll be easier to lift.
5. When lifting a loaded wheelbarrow, keep your arms and back straight, and lift with your legs.