How to Update a Kitchen with Paint
Ask This Old House host Kevin O'Connor uses a special paint to revamp an old kitchen
In this video, Ask This Old House host Kevin O'Connor uses a special paint to revamp an old kitchen.
1. Using a driver, remove fasteners and hardware from the cabinets.
2. Using a biodegradable cleanser, thoroughly wipe down all of the cabinets and doors.
3. Apply painter's tape around the edges of the cabinets.
4. Place doors on pyramid holders and apply one coat of paint to each, using a roller.
5. Using rollers and brushes, apply one coat of paint to cabinets.
6. Allow paint to dry for at least 2 hours.
7. Repeat painting steps to apply a second coat.
8. Give paint 24 hours to dry.
9. On day two, clean off the backsplash, using the same biodegradable cleanser.
10. Remove any outlet covers with a screwdriver, and apply painter's tape to the edges.
11. Using rollers and brushes apply first coat of paint to the backsplash.
12. Wait at least 2 hours to allow paint to dry.
13. Apply second coat of paint to the backsplash.
14. Allow paint to dry and reattach outlet covers using a screwdriver.
15. Apply spray paint to hardware, preferably outside or in a well-ventilated area.
16. Wait at least an hour for spray paint to dry.
17. Reattach hardware to cabinets, using a driver.