How to Revive a Dead Lawn
In this how-to video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook saves an old lawn
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook explains how to revitalize a lawn.
1. Run a gas-powered aerator back and forth across entire lawn, making sure not to miss any areas.
2. Switch directions and run aerator perpendicular to the first pass.
3. Fill drop spreader with lawn fertilizer and apply to entire lawn.
4. Stop and start the spreader at the end of each pass to avoid over-application of fertilizer.
5. Use a shovel to spread compost across the lawn to a depth of ½ inch.
6. Rake the compost into the lawn.