How to Reseed a Lawn
This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook shows how to breathe new life into an old, tired lawn
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook shows how to breathe new life into an old, tired lawn.
1. Use power rake to de-thatch the lawn and remove old, dead grass.
2. Fill slice seeder with grass seed.
3. Run the seeder back and forth across the lawn to plant the seed into the ground.
4. After first pass, run the seeder around the perimeter of the lawn, and any other areas missed during the initial pass.
5. Next, run the seeder across the entire lawn again, but this time, make perpendicular passes to the initial pass to ensure 100 percent coverage.
6. Apply starter fertilizer to lawn using a walk-behind broadcast spreader.
7. Thoroughly water the lawn.